Welcome to the VFW IL Post 4028, Illinois
Jules D. "J.D" Spindler
|Recent News Entries
What Does Super Committee Failure Mean to VFW?
President Signs Veterans' Jobs Bill Into Law
Businesses Offering Big Savings to Veterans this Veterans Day
VFW Foundation Announces 2011 Burger KingŪ Unmet Needs Fundraiser
First Amendment Prevails at Houston VA National Cemetary
Become a Friend of the Department of Illinois
Posted at 05:23 PM on Friday, March 20, 2009 by post4028In This Issue:
1. Third-Party Collection Proposal Withdrawn
2. VFW Commander-in-Chief Testifies
3. Akaka Receives VFW Congressional Award
4. House VA Committee Hearings
5. VFW Chief Meets with Secretary of State
6. Colorado to Get New VA Hospital
7. DOD to End Stop Loss
1. Third-Party Collection Proposal Withdrawn: The Obama Administration announced Wednesday that it had withdrawn consideration of a proposal to bill veterans with private insurance for their service-connected disability treatments. In a Monday White House meeting, VFW National Commander Glen Gardner said the president told a group of 11 military and veterans' organizations that he would listen if they objected to the proposal. "The president kept to his word and made the right decision," said Gardner. "Now we can move forward and work with his administration and Congress to ensure that the rest of the Department of Veterans Affairs budget recommendation is signed into law." The VFW thanks everyone for the e-mails and phone calls you made to the White House and your congressional offices on this critical issue. Your advocacy helped to defeat this proposal and reaffirms that when we all work together we can make a difference and help wounded and service-connected disabled veterans from every generation.
Read the VFW press release at: www.vfw.org.
Read the rest of this week's Washington Weekly