MyVFW Social Network    Latest MyVFW Photos   Latest MyVFW Videos    MyVFW Groups    Latest Network News

Author Topic: Take off your coat and stay awhile......  (Read 27714 times)

Offline Ross Myers

• Administrator
  • Serving those who Served....
    • Email
Take off your coat and stay awhile......
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:00:55 pm »
As you may have noticed the Shu has added a Welcome to the Forum feature.  Its a great way to acknowledge "new" Forum members and....

if you are a "new" member to the Forum it's a great place to introduce yourself....

are you a VFW member?....VFW Family?....VFW supporter?......

Lots of good folks here.

Welcome!

Matt

Re: Take off your coat and stay awhile......
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:54:41 am »
Thank you Shu.  Looking forward to the fun!!!

cindyvr

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:33:12 pm »
Thank You.  It has been a long time since I have had contact with the VFW. Since my mother's passing in 2004. Hope all is well with everyone. I miss my post dearly.   

Randy

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:37:23 pm »
CDR of post 5923,MO. Married & she  a member of the Ladies AUX. I thank you for the invite and welcome.. Totally new at this....so help is needed.. advise is welcome..and I am a veitnam vet..mid 60's.. 5th  SFG..

fabulous fifth

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 12:32:04 am »
Hi, Randy!  You are the Commander of the Camdenton Post?  Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your service.  I see we serve at the same place about the same time.

Offline Axle

• Email
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:23:52 pm »
Thank you for the welcome.  Have been a life member for a while now, and just in the last year started becoming active at my local post #7380.  Small rural post approximately 65 members.  I recently accepted the position as Service Officer for the post and I am going to try and increase membership plus help out with a little fund raising.

I think this site is a wonderful idea!

mmontesUSN

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 11:50:18 am »
I just returned from a long deployment to Iraq, and I am a new member to VFW.  I am looking to join the Town of Manlius, NY Post, and look forward to being a part of a great organization, VFW.  Looking to see how effective the Forum will be for me.  It is good to see VFW becoming an organization of the 21st Century.

LCDR Mike Montes

fabulous fifth

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 11:45:34 pm »
Mike:  Welcome to the VFW and to the blog.  I hope your VFW experience is as enjoyable and rewarding as mine has been for the past 39 years.  Thanks for your service to our country, and have a happy Thanksgiving Day.

sportster1990

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 05:25:58 pm »
Thank you, I am honored to be here, I have recently taken over the position of Treasurer for the Lancaster, Ohio Men's Aux. Post 1380 I look forward to many discussions in the future.

Sea Dog

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 10:13:03 am »
Thanks,

I welcome the opportunity to learn more here.  I'll try to join in the Monday night discussion group.

Thanks again,

Sea Dog

kozminski

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 11:30:58 am »
Hello, I am a VFW ladies aux. member of VFW Post 2302 in Grants Pass, OR. We just started a food bank the first of ifs kind anywhere, at a local national guard armory. This onsite food bank will help the many families of the deployed members. Think about your local National Guard Company and get involved. We are just now putting food on the shelves. We are trying to reach out to as many people as we can to help us get this up and running. Please call 541-660-0765 for more info or if you can help send check made out to : VFW Post 2302
                                                                                        1242 Summit Loop
                                                                                        Grants Pass, Or. 97527
We are the Del Rogue VFW Post 2302 OF Grants Pass OR.
I am so excited about finding all of you to chat with. My husband is a Vietnam Era Disabled Veteran. I also quilt and call bingo at our local VA Domiciliary.

SDCarson

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 03:13:19 pm »
Hi -- Thanks for the welcome!

I'm the daughter of a WWII vet.  Dad needs more help than I can give him (I'm disabled and had surgery/chemo/radiation at the end of 08).  Also, I currently live in Dallas and he lives in Wyoming.

He lives alone and can barely get around.  He's buying his home and is a hoarder (he has piles of 'stuff' everywhere -- really everywhere).  His house is not set up for accessibility -- for instance there are two steps up to his door and he would have fallen down today if I hadn't been there to catch his weight.

He's diabetic and had several episodes of LOW blood sugar this year, for which he was hospitallized.  My wonderful cousin did everything and more to help him for a couple of months, but cannot continue to provide him daily care.  (There are many things he cannot do, and he does not do most of the things he can.)

I am in Wyoming now (July 09), doing the same thing -- but I'm going back to Dallas (& my oncologists) at the end of September. 

I would be glad to hear from anyone who has faced the same sort of issues, and from anyone who knows about the Wyoming Veteran's Home.

Thanks, all....

Offline RoadGlide05

• Stop crying about it and fix it.
  • Can ya hear me now?
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 08:19:03 am »
Good day all.  Doug, Secretary, VFW Riders, Post 6538, W. Townsend, MA.
We need a coordinated Motorcycle Program.

TTFN
Doug

Offline sleezyrider

• Email
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 04:40:56 pm »
As you may have noticed the Shu has added a Welcome to the Forum feature.  Its a great way to acknowledge "new" Forum members and....

if you are a "new" member to the Forum it's a great place to introduce yourself....

are you a VFW member?....VFW Family?....VFW supporter?......

Lots of good folks here.

Welcome!

thanks....member of post 4694, mexia tx, also VFWMG unit 18..USN 1959-1963.. currently visiting Louisisna

danfitz

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 03:15:30 pm »
Hi Folks,  Name is Dan Fitzgerald, live in New Lisbon and if I'm not mistaken I am a member of your post 2114 but in absentia. Never been to a meeting so I don't know any of you yet. Hopefully that will change soon!