MyVFW Social Network    Latest MyVFW Photos   Latest MyVFW Videos    MyVFW Groups    Latest Network News

Author Topic: doors to the Post were closing  (Read 2965 times)

Offline MSgt 0491

• Email
doors to the Post were closing
« on: July 11, 2015, 11:07:23 am »
Iím the House Committee Chairman and the Jr.Vice for our local post.   I recently took over as the doors to the Post were closing and have jump started it back to life.  In doing so I had to make some changes and I let the canteen manager go.  She belongs to the ďLadies AuxiliaryĒ and accused me of stealing monies.  She has since recanted her accusation and I have asked for action against her.  Does the Ladies Auxiliary have responsibility for holding her accountable or dose the Post membership?  At a minimum I want her suspended from the post for at least 72 hours, a written apology, and Iíd like to address the membership at our next meeting to defend my reputation.  I donít think thatís too much to ask.  This conduct has been going on for years and itís time to stop it here.  Thoughts?
MSgt, USMC - Retired

Offline Chris Weber 5468

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: doors to the Post were closing
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:03:04 pm »
First, welcome to this Forum.
Question, What does your House Rules state on Behavior. What about Hiring and Firing practices. These should be in those rules.
The Censoring you seek seems reasonable. Have you contacted your Post's Ladies Auxiliary President? As there is an infraction, using the proper Chain of Command should be used through your Post Commander. This is a Club Violation and the Post has the rule on this one as far as suspension from the Club goes, Follow the rules of the Club.
Just some points to consider.....
Chris Weber
Adjutant, 12th District
National Aide-De-Camp    5 times
All American District Adjutant - 3 times
All State District Commander 2008 - 2009
All State Post Commander, 1999 - 2000 - 2001
Veteran Service Officer, Post 5468
Pacific, Missouri

Offline DoggyDaddy

• Administrator
  • Have Dog Will Travel
    • VFW Post 1716, Freedom CA
    • Email
Re: doors to the Post were closing
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 05:32:18 pm »
If the ex-bar manager is not also a Post Member, the Post can not impose disciplinary action against her. However, Post By-laws and House Committee Rules may address action of employees and patrons of the Canteen/Club.
 I would get a copy of the Ladies Aux By-Laws and Ritual and research the sections governing conduct and disciplinary action of Aux members.  If their By-laws cover her behavior, then you or the Post would have to request the Aux President to initiate charges.
Joe Kleinsmith
All State VFW Post 1716 Cmdr (1998-2000)
Cpt, VFW Post Honor Guard, Retired (1991-2009)
SC-SB County Council Cmdr (1996-1997)
SFC, US Army, Retired (1971-1991)
Full Time RV'er
www.vfwwebcom.org/ca/post1716
http://vfwwebcom.org/ca/Post1716HonorGuard/