MyVFW Social Network    Latest MyVFW Photos   Latest MyVFW Videos    MyVFW Groups    Latest Network News

Author Topic: "New" VFW Post Inspection Report Form  (Read 3451 times)

Offline IJK3770

• Dept of Mo Webmaster, QM Post 3770, Mtn Grove, Mo
  • Administrator
    • Mtn Grove VFW Post 3770
"New" VFW Post Inspection Report Form
« on: July 29, 2009, 09:29:11 am »

New Post Inspection Report -
    I thought this would be of interest to all Post Commanders, Quartermasters and Adjutants.  There are certainly a lot of changes with some new questions that had not been asked before. Remember forewarned is forearmed.
    I am wondering why there is still the questions concerning counter-signed checks and if any are pre-signed.  I thought that the National By-Laws had been changed making two signatures unnecessary.  If the By-Laws had been changed then it would not matter if there were pre-signed checks or not.  Anyone have any input on that?
Cheerily
IJK
All-State Post QM :
97-98,98-99,99-00,00-01,01-02, 03-04,04-05,06-07,08-09, 09-10,10-11,11-12,12-13,

Assistant Inspector General 2008-09
National Aide-de-Camp 2009-10
National Aide-de-Camp 2010-11
Assistant Inspector General 2011-2012
National Aide-de-Camp 2013-2014

IRS Post Audit Survivor

Offline Redmaxx

• Administrator
  • Past Department of Michigan District 4 Commander
    • Email
Re: "New" VFW Post Inspection Report Form
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 09:53:43 am »
I would bet that there will be a lot of Posts that do not pass inspection. I think that a copy of this form should have been sent to every Post QM so that they know what they are being inspected on. In my opinion it was not rolled out correctly and I think that National should go back to the old form this year and give the Posts time to look at the new requirements. It would be like the IRS auditing your personal tax records but not telling you what you were required to have.
Department of Michigan
District 4 Commander 11-12
National Aide-de-Camp 10-11
District 4 Sr. Vice  10-11
District 4 Jr. Vice 09-10
Post Commander 08-09
District 4 Employment/Homeless Vet Chair 08-11
Post Sr. Vice 07-08 12-13
District 4 Service Officer 06-07
Post Jr. Vice 06-07

Offline easingwr670

• 1st Bn 505th PIR, 3rd Bde, 82nd Abn RVN 69
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 11:01:19 am »
The "two signature" requirement is only covered by the Post/District By-Laws. Two signatures are not required by National. It is just like using a debit card. One user at a time. The auditing is done through the bank statement. I recommend a debit card for posts to pay utilities, purchase supplies, pay dues to National. Works well.
Richard C. "Dick" Easingwood
Past NC Administrator
VFW Member Since 1969
Life Member Since 1989(Gold Legacy)
District QM (6 Yrs Total)
District Inspector
Past Post QM (12 Yrs Total)
Cootie CCDB 24 Yrs Total)
Asst Inspector General (2007 til     )
http://www.myvfw.org/nc/dist8

Offline ZAP44

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 11:31:33 am »
My District Inspector provided me with the new forms some time ago.  I donít like debit cards and wouldnít own one personally.   Youíre not given the same level of consumer protections you get with a credit card.  Google it if you donít believe me.

Offline Jerry P3150

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:36:33 am »
In Virginia, this form was given to the 2009 - 2010 District Commanders at their school of instruction at our Department Convention in June.  They were to share this information with their Posts.
Virginia also had schools of instruction in seven geographical areas across the State for the Posts. These SOI's were open to all Post members but the Post Officers were specifically invited.  Numerous Post Officers did not attend because quote" I've been a Quartermaster (pick the position) for XXX years and there is nothing new.
Also,  National sent this information in the membership kit, it is located on page 22-23 of the Quartermaster's manual.
As a younger member of the VFW (15 years), I am distressed at the lack of responsibility of some Officer's in various elected postions.  Unfortunately, there is not enough good Officers to offset the bad or complacent.
Got to go, I'm starting to rant, sorry.
Jerry Peterson
VFW Post 12101
Joined as a Life Member in 1994
National Aide-De-Camp (2006-2007)
National Aide-De-Camp (2010-2011)
SMSgt, US Air Force (Retired)
http://www.vfwwebcom.org/nv/post12101

Offline d.peirce

• Former Quartermaster of a Homeless Post
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 12:06:48 pm »
One of the reasons this Forum is 'First Rate.'
I had not reviewed this particular form or how to print it out so as to be prepared for an Inspection. I confess I still was using the old form. Thanks for the input!

Also in again reviewing the CD I found the Post Location Change Form to be used in reporting a Post Location change.
Said form was the point of a recent inquiry. I believe the Red Max responded once the State of the Post was divulged.
As ole Teddy Roosevelt would have exclaimed "BULLY."
I wasn't there. Read it somewhere.
D. Peirce
Former Quartermaster
Post 8771
Sudbury, MA
www.vfwwebcom.org/ma/post8771