MyVFW Social Network    Latest MyVFW Photos   Latest MyVFW Videos    MyVFW Groups    Latest Network News

Author Topic: Finally! After almost a year of waiting! WTH gives?  (Read 10925 times)

Offline TheHarleyMan2

Finally! After almost a year of waiting! WTH gives?
« on: June 08, 2017, 09:45:19 am »
WOW! Almost a year of waiting to get accepted into the forum, no wonder the VFW can not get many new members. Don't get me wrong, I finally got my VFW Life Membership back in April 2016, (after paying for annual membership for 6 years prior), and then not long after I was having some issues with members at my VFW, (I was a member of for 6 years without me having any issues or causing issues), and I came here looking for some sort of guidance because Post Commander, District Commander, and State Commander wasn't doing crap about the issues which in turn I got wrongfully banned for 3 years from my VFW Post for no reason that I caused, other than me bringing up to the House Committee about the drugs being smoked outside the patio area right outside both door entrances, (because smoking cigarettes is not permitting inside), selling and buying of drugs on VFW premises, bartenders and members commenting loud enough for other Auxiliary Members that were directed to, (who are married of mixed race, (African American and Hispanic, BOTH Military Veterans),  and the other members and bartender stating, "We don't need those kind in here"! Also the Motorcycle Group Chairman refuses to do any benefits for Veterans, Post Commander doesn't do anything about it, all the MG does is hold monthly meetings and DO NOT support any Veteran Functions! I wasn't the only one who came forward, but, guess there is no need to discuss it here because it will probably be another friggen year before someone even responds! I guess the next step is seek legal counsel to get my Life Membership fees back!

Offline IJK3770

• Dept of Mo Webmaster, QM Post 3770, Mtn Grove, Mo
  • Administrator
    • Mtn Grove VFW Post 3770
Re: Finally! After almost a year of waiting! WTH gives?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:11:28 pm »
Sorry to hear that things are not working out at your post.  I understand that all it takes is a letter to National HQ and request your Life Member fees returned.  I think , though, that they will be prorated so some extent.
Cheerily
IJK
All-State Post QM :
97-98,98-99,99-00,00-01,01-02, 03-04,04-05,06-07,08-09, 09-10,10-11,11-12,12-13, 14-15, 16-17

Assistant Inspector General 2008-09
National Aide-de-Camp 2009-10
National Aide-de-Camp 2010-11
Assistant Inspector General 2011-2012
National Aide-de-Camp 2013-2014

Offline DoggyDaddy

• Administrator
  • Have Dog Will Travel
    • VFW Post 1716, Freedom CA
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 02:37:58 pm »
Don't feel like a virgin.  Been there, done that but I had better results. 

You have to use the National By-Laws to the letter when dealing with a corrupt VFW leadership or they will use it against you. It is for that reason members need to know the Nat'l By-Laws and Ritual, along with their Dept, District, Council and Post By-Laws and Demeters. (If it is not covered in the By-Laws, Demeters rules).
First off VFW Nat'l By-Laws direct and explain the proper procedures to ban a person. Unless you received banning from Department or National, there is a possibility it was illegal.

I was Post QM and I reported to District Cmdr illegal gambling, violation of ABC & IRS laws, violation of VFW Ritual (Meetings), among other things.  After 9 months, Dist Cmdr reported to Dept who sent Inspector to meeting who reported it was a 3 ring circus. Then Dist appointed 5 Past Dist Cmdrs to investigate charges and do interviews.  Resulting in Post being put on suspension for 3 months and under control of the Dist Investigators.  Results were Post Cmdr and elected officers not allowed to hold VFW positions for 3 years. None were ever removed from office allowing Cmdr to get Past Cmdrs cap. 
I transferred to another Post 14 miles away to allow them to lick their wounds but attended their Post Meetings to be visible. Later I was elected as Cmdr of County Council and Cmdr of my own Post.  The click of my old corrupt post banned me from their club (Cantine) but they could not stop me from attending their Post meetings (VFW By-Laws).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 02:47:41 pm by DoggyDaddy »
Joe Kleinsmith
All State VFW Post 1716 Cmdr (1998-2000)
Cpt, VFW Post Honor Guard, Retired (1991-2009)
SC-SB County Council Cmdr (1996-1997)
SFC, US Army, Retired (1971-1991)
Full Time RV'er
www.vfwwebcom.org/ca/post1716
http://vfwwebcom.org/ca/Post1716HonorGuard/

Offline TheHarleyMan2

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 02:56:19 am »
Well when I had the meeting with District Commander, Post Commander on the issues they also had a mediator, (Former State Commander), and of course he told them the bar tenders did not have to serve me and it takes a majority vote to ban someone, (which they did get the majority vote, I was outvoted by 2), but 3 of those members that voted agaisnt me can not/have not provided their DD214's to show their eligibility. 2 of the hold seats!

One of them claim's Viet Nam veteran, but in 1975, he was only 17, and joined the Army and claimed he was sent to Viet Nam. My understanding is Viet Nam last troop pull out was April 1975. So how can this guy join later than April 1975, and get deployed to Viet Nam?

I brought up the fact, (prior to my banning), questioning certain individuals are were made VFW General Members when not even vetted, just to gain memberships.

All this I wrote all the way to National Commander because the chain was not working.

When I was banned, I was given a letter, no mention of the reason for the ban, but said I could attend the meetings, of which I have no desire to do so being the treatment I received there last year when I was in good standing for 6 years prior and attending every meeting and volunteered my time.

Offline DoggyDaddy

• Administrator
  • Have Dog Will Travel
    • VFW Post 1716, Freedom CA
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 12:48:09 am »
When I was banned, I was given a letter, no mention of the reason for the ban, but said I could attend the meetings, of which I have no desire to do so being the treatment I received there last year when I was in good standing for 6 years prior and attending every meeting and volunteered my time.
As I recall, a Member in Good Standing (Owes no debts) can NOT be banned or restricted from Post Meetings.  But he can only speak IF recognized by the Comdr. I'm RVing and do not have my VFW By-Laws book with me to quote the section and paragraph.
Can someone help me out with this???
Joe Kleinsmith
All State VFW Post 1716 Cmdr (1998-2000)
Cpt, VFW Post Honor Guard, Retired (1991-2009)
SC-SB County Council Cmdr (1996-1997)
SFC, US Army, Retired (1971-1991)
Full Time RV'er
www.vfwwebcom.org/ca/post1716
http://vfwwebcom.org/ca/Post1716HonorGuard/