Welcome to the VFW CA Post 6747 - City, California
|Recent News Entries
What Does Super Committee Failure Mean to VFW?
President Signs Veterans' Jobs Bill Into Law
Businesses Offering Big Savings to Veterans this Veterans Day
VFW Foundation Announces 2011 Burger KingŪ Unmet Needs Fundraiser
First Amendment Prevails at Houston VA National Cemetary
Become a Friend of the Department of California
Posted at 11:02 AM on Saturday, June 7, 2008 by post6747
In This Issue
1. House VA Committee Reviews Health Bills
2. Senate Holds Hearing on Current VA Outcomes on PTSD
3. SECDEF Fires Air Force Leaders
4. TRICARE Bill for Reserve Retirees Introduced
5. Korean War MIA Identified
1. House VA Committee Reviews Health Bills: This week, VFW provided testimony to the House Veterans Affairs' Subcommittee on Health. The Committee reviewed five health-related bills designed to improve and enhance health care options for veterans using VA. VFW supported the following bills:
HR 4463 "The Veterans Health Care Quality Improvement Act," would enforce and ensure higher uniformed professional standards as well as addressing recruitment and retention among health care professionals within VA.
HR 5888, a bill that would allow veterans to be reimbursed for emergency medical treatment provided them outside VA facilities.
HR 6114, legislation that would simplify and update National standards for HIV testing within VA.
HR 6122, "The Veterans Pain Care Act of 2009" would direct VA to implement comprehensive policies on pain management for veterans seeking care in VHA.
To read our testimony or for more on the hearing visit the House VA website at: http://veterans.house.gov/