Welcome to the VFW AR Post 3431 - Paris, Arkansas
Edward "Bud" Lavallee
|Recent News Entries
What Does Super Committee Failure Mean to VFW?
President Signs Veterans' Jobs Bill Into Law
Businesses Offering Big Savings to Veterans this Veterans Day
VFW Foundation Announces 2011 Burger KingŪ Unmet Needs Fundraiser
First Amendment Prevails at Houston VA National Cemetary
Become a Friend of the Department of Arkansas
Posted at 12:12 PM on Saturday, May 14, 2011 by 3431Visit your local participating restaurant and support the VFW Foundation.
Participating Buffalo Wild WingsŪ locations are showing their support of the troops by partnering with the VFW Foundation to support the Return the Favor™ campaign. Participating restaurants will donate 10 percent of guest’s food purchase when the guest shows their military ID card, VFW membership card or Return the Favor card. To find participating restaurants or to print a Return the Favor card, visit http://www.returnthefavor.org/. The program will run from May 16 through June 12.
Posted at 12:01 PM on Saturday, May 14, 2011 by 3431The VFW Communications Department has selected the winners of the 2011 VFW WebAward Competition.
This year nearly 60 entries were received. Judging was based on navigation, load time, design and overall content. Entries were divided into two separate categories: VFW Departments and VFW Posts/Districts.
The first-place winner in the Department category is the Department of Wisconsin. Second place has been awarded to the Department of Pacific Areas.
In the Post/District category, Post 5702 has been named this year’s first-place winner, with Post 5727 being awarded second place.
This year’s contest proved especially difficult to judge due to the number of quality websites submitted by our Posts, Departments and Districts.
Everyone who submitted an entry deserves praise for their hard work and creativity. Please continue to keep up the good work! We look forward to next year’s competition.
Posted at 06:24 PM on Friday, April 15, 2011 by 3431
Posted at 06:23 PM on Friday, April 15, 2011 by 3431
VFW Checkpoint Magazine Mar/April 2011 -
Posted at 09:36 AM on Monday, March 21, 2011 by 3431
In This Issue:
1. Retroactive Stop-Loss Payments End Today
2. Military Tricare Hearing
3. VBA Budget Hearing
4. Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day
4. Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans: The U.S. Senate declared March 30 as “Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day,” agreeing unanimously to a resolution introduced by Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC), Ranking Member of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee. On March 30, 1973, U.S. troops withdrew from Vietnam under the terms of the Treaty of Paris. The Senate is encouraging everyone this March 30 to recognize Vietnam veterans for their service and sacrifice. For the senator’s remarks, go to http://www.veterans.senate.
Continue reading Washington Weekly
Posted at 09:35 AM on Monday, March 21, 2011 by 3431(via The Pentagon Channel)
Posted at 02:52 AM on Saturday, March 12, 2011 by 3431In This Issue:
1. VFW Legislative Conference Wrap-up
2. Caregiver Hearing
3. GITMO Trials to Resume
4. VFW Invited to Buckles Funeral
5. Five WWII MIAs Identified
1. VFW Legislative Conference Wrap-up: More than 600 VFW and Ladies Auxiliary members attended the annual VFW Legislative Conference in Washington, DC. Highlights ranged from the selection of Kelsey Woo from California as the 2011 Voice of Democracy winner to presentations from VA Secretary Eric Shinseki and Joint Chiefs Vice Chairman Gen. James Cartwright, USMC, as well as VFW members meeting with their U.S. representatives and senators. VFW National Commander Richard Eubank hosted 100 wounded warriors and their families to dinner, and met with the Coast Guard Commandant and Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard, and with the Marine Corps Commandant and Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps, before testifying Tuesday before a joint hearing of the House and Senate VA Committees. He met with President Obama on Wednesday to discuss issues important to America's veterans, servicemembers and families.
Continue Reading Washington Weekly
For more information, and other video, go to www.vfw.org.